Tikkun Olam / Social Action
Kol HaNeshamah has a long-standing commitment to the value of tikkun olam -- “healing the world.” We strive to make a difference in our local and broader community with various endeavors throughout the year. With the devastating effects of COVID, we have become more involved in local efforts to alleviate food insecurity, and to provide clothing and supplies for families in need.
*Blood Drive in conjunction with St. Paul's Community will take place on Thursday December 8 from 3-8pm. To sign up for a timeslot, please click here, and scroll down to our blood drive.
To volunteer to participate in any of our projects, fill out the form below or email [email protected]
Past & Ongoing Projects
- Adopt-a-Family Holiday Gift Donations
- Blood Drives providing donations to local hospitals
- Center for Food Action “snack pack” program provides nutrition for children at risk.
- Earth Angels provides car transportation for those seeking medical care
- Hackensack Center for the Homeless Walk-in Dinner
- Open Store Community Project--Food and clothing distribution in Englewood.
- The Lone Soldier project--Prepare Hanukkah/Purim baskets, clothing and cards for Israeli Lone Soldiers
- Jewish Family Community Services Ride to Fight Hunger
- Midnight Run, food and clothing distribution for the homeless in New York City
- Ronald McDonald House, NYC--Cook and serve dinner for families of children undergoing critical care.
- Rosh Hashanah livestream services for patients at Englewood Hospital
- The Actors’ Home-Visits to seniors in assisted living.
- St. Paul's CFA pop-up emergency food distribution
- Office of Concern Food Pantry at St. Cecilia's